Lookjed Digest IV:29

Shalom Berger <[log in to unmask]>

lookjed list <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 5 May 2002 18:55:35 +0300

TEXT/PLAIN

Topics in this issue:

I. Resource of the week (Feldman)
II. Queries:
     1. Learning centers about halakhic texts (Reisler)
     2. Topic-based Judaic Curriculum (Arussy)
     3. Major themes in Bereshit (Rush)
III. Thoughts on next year in Israel (Jacobs)
IV. 94 websites about Jerusalem  (Richman)
V. First Person (Levy)

This year more than ever, our connection to Jerusalem is an essential
educational message. With Yom Yerushalayim upon us on Friday, I am
including a number of resources in this digest, including Dr. Bryna Levy's
"First Person" reflections.

Rav Soloveichick's "Kol Dodi Dofek" is a text that I always share with my
students this time of year. We have recently uploaded an educational essay
by Professor Moshe Sokolow of the Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish
Education that is based on that article.

You can find it under "Fate, Destiny and "Shivat Tziyon: The Rav on
Religious Zionism" in our Resource Library, or can link directly to
http://www.lookstein.org/resources/ravandreligiouszionism.htm

Shalom

I. Resource of the week

This weeks Resource of the Week: An animated timeline on Jerusalem from
the Jerusalem Archeological Park and the Israel Antiques Authority.
Includes biographies and historical notes. To see this week's resource go
to: http://www.lookstein.org/resource_week/may2002.htm or to
http://www.lookstein.org/resource_week.htm and click on May 2002.

Esther Feldman
Director, Information and Technology Services