Lookjed Digest IV:32

Shalom Berger <[log in to unmask]>

lookjed list <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 May 2002 21:16:34 +0300

TEXT/PLAIN

Topics in this issue:

I. Resource of the week (Feldman)
II. Queries:
     1. Teaching about abuse in Day Schools (Wieder)
     2. Opportunities for Israel travel (Kamlet)
III. Teaching Ashkenazic Davening (Holtz)
IV. Macs and Hebrew (Josephy, Greene)

In posting the responses to the Conscientious Objector question, I
neglected to mention Rav Aharon Lichtenstein's article entitled "The
Ideology Of Hesder: The View From Yeshivat Har Etzion" in which Rav
Lichtenstein describes the basic foundation of army service in Israel. It
is available on the Virtual Beit Midrash of Yeshivat Har Etzion at
http://www.vbm-torah.org/archive/ral2-hes.htm

Shalom

This week's Resource of the Week is an article by Professor Robert Vogel
on current models on flexible scheduling in the classroom - how schools
utilize time and how teachers use that time. The article can be viewed at
http://www.lookstein.org/block_scheduling/Time.pdf or at
http://www.lookstein.org/resource_week.htm and click on May 2002.

Esther Feldman
Director, Information and Technology Services